Thursday, June 26, 2014

World Cup Soccer and Great-Grandfathers

     Many Americans are getting ready to watch the World Cup soccer game between Germany and America.  I have been watching the World Cup games since Spain 1982.  That also explains why I haven't written many blog entries for the last few weeks.        
     This morning I was quite surprised to read the following statement by conservative columnist, Ann Coulter.  "I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."1
     Well, I guess all my genealogical research has been for naught, because I thought all my great-grandparents were born in the United States of America.
   By the way, fourteen of my sixteen great-great grandparents were born in the USA also.  And Jayme's great-grandparents were born here also.  

Go, Go, USA!
I believe the we will win!  I believe the we will win! I believe the we will win! I believe the we will win! I believe the we will win!


1. "Coulter: Any growing interest in soccer a sign of nation's ..." 2014. 26 Jun. 2014 <http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/>

No comments:

Post a Comment