Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Wedding Anniversary


       Above is an image of the marriage license for Francis Walker and Eliza Ann Simison1.  It is dated 4 June 1855.  Since I had seen this image on an ancestry.com family tree and the marriage was listed as 4 June 1855, I recorded that date.  Recently, I located the same record on familysearch.org.  As I browsed through this book of marriage licenses on familysearch.org I noticed that next to this document is a statement that the marriage was executed on the same day.
       However, by going back to the first page in this book of marriages one can see that the date of execution of marriages are written on the following page.  The next page shows that Francis Walker and Eliza Ann Simison were married on 19 June 1855.    
     That is a good date.  It turns out that Jayme and I share the same wedding anniversary as Jayme's great-great-grandparents.   Eliza Ann and Francis were  married for 24 years when Francis passed away in Texas.  Jayme and I celebrated out 43rd anniversary this past week.



1.  "Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQKS-CZQ : accessed 24 May 2014), Francis Walker and Eliza Ann Simerson, 19 Jun 1855; citing reference ; FHL microfilm 1294419  Book 14 Page 159.

No comments:

Post a Comment