Thursday, October 3, 2013

Nice Neighborhood

     It happened again.  I started with an 1866 tax document for W. H Mckie in LaGrange, Fayette County, Texas.  I started to search to see if I could determine where the McKie residence was located.  I didn't find what I wanted but while I was in the city directory database I searched for my great-grandparents, Samuel and Inez Hugus. I found that in 1914 they lived at 308 East Hardin Street, Findlay, Ohio.  By 1918 they had move to the north side of town to 2824 North Main Street. Samuel and Inez were still living at this address when Inez passed away in Dec 19, 1935.


     Using Google Street View, I attempted to find their house. It is a little difficult to see because of the large trees, but I noticed the house next door.  Wouldn't you have liked to have the Bigelows for neighbors?  It turns out that Charles H. Bigelow was a successful farmer and businessman and had one of the nicest homes in town. Click on the links below to see interior views of the house as well as additional views of the exterior.  The house is pretty nice but a little too much maintenance for me.  Charles H Bigelow and his second wife lived in the house until his death in 1927.  





Bigelow House in Winter

Bigelow House

Charles Bigelow House Interior

No comments:

Post a Comment